|Mission|| || District Highlights|
The Cape Henlopen School District prepares each student for a healthy, creative, and rewarding life in a diverse and global society by creating an educational environment which enables each student to achieve personal excellence and lifelong learning skills to become a productive and responsible citizen.
The Cape Henlopen School District will:
- achieve academic and program excellence
- promote diversity
- improve school climate and safety
- employ and retain highly qualified and dedicated staff
- close the achievement gap
- become the district of choice in southern Delaware
- enhance communication and build trust within the Cape Henlopen community
- Education is the key to productive and responsible living in our democratic society.
- All children can learn, but the rate at which they learn and how they learn differs.
- Education builds an understanding and respect for all cultures and ethnic groups in a global society.
- Effective education requires financial support and accountability at all levels.
- Quality staff is essential for student success.
- Effective education can be measured.
- School success requires a partnership of community and school resources.
- Learning in a nurturing and academically challenging environment builds character, enhances self-esteem and leads to success.
- Education and learning begin in the home with the family and require their ongoing involvement throughout the school years.
Congratulations Allison Peet!
Cape Henlopen School District
Teacher of the Year
Congratulations Noble Prettyman!
Reelected to the Board of Education
July 22 - August 2, 2013
July 15 - August 2, 2013
Cape Henlopen Educational Foundation
Manage your child's lunch account:
Parent Account Management System now available! Click here or call 1-888-994-5100 to set up an accoun
CapeHenlopen Technology Update Presentation
CHSD Technology Plan 2010-2013
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-372-TALK (8255)
Delaware Department of Justice Bullying Prevention & School Crime Contact (Ombudsperson) 1-800-220-5414
To report child abuse, contact the hotline at 1-800-292-9582
Need directions? Click here for interactive google map of district.