|Mission || || District Highlights|
The Cape Henlopen School District prepares each student for a healthy, creative, and rewarding life in a diverse and global society by creating an educational environment which enables each student to achieve personal excellence and lifelong learning skills to become a productive and responsible citizen.
The Cape Henlopen School District will:
- achieve academic and program excellence
- promote diversity
- improve school climate and safety
- employ and retain highly qualified and dedicated staff
- close the achievement gap
- become the district of choice in southern Delaware
- enhance communication and build trust within the Cape Henlopen community
- Education is the key to productive and responsible living in our democratic society.
- All children can learn, but the rate at which they learn and how they learn differs.
- Education builds an understanding and respect for all cultures and ethnic groups in a global society.
- Effective education requires financial support and accountability at all levels.
- Quality staff is essential for student success.
- Effective education can be measured.
- School success requires a partnership of community and school resources.
- Learning in a nurturing and academically challenging environment builds character, enhances self-esteem and leads to success.
- Education and learning begin in the home with the family and require their ongoing involvement throughout the school years.
Reminder to Parents:
Incoming 9th graders need physicals.
Fall sports physicals for 7-12 grades are due prior to pre-season practice.
Cape Henlopen School District
Teacher of the Year
2014-2015 SCHOOL CHOICE
Cape Henlopen Educational Foundation
CapeHenlopen Technology Update Presentation
CHSD Technology Plan 2010-2013
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-372-TALK (8255)
Delaware Department of Justice Bullying Prevention & School Crime Contact (Ombudsperson) 1-800-220-5414
To report child abuse, contact the hotline at 1-800-292-9582
Need directions? Click here for interactive google map of district.